PMAY or Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana is an initiative by the central government to provide affordable housing to all Indian citizens. The Government of India has allotted an approximate amount of Rs 5.54 lakh crore for this scheme. Under this initiative, the government provides home loans at a reduced interest rate to applicants.
If you have already applied for this scheme, there are various ways that you can follow to check your name on the PMAY list online.
Follow up on these methods mentioned below to gain an idea about them –
Checking name by providing the Aadhaar number
- Log in to the official PMAY website.
- Select the option marked ‘search beneficiary.’
- Once you select that option, you will be taken to a different page, where you will be required to provide your Aadhaar number.
- Once you provide your Aadhaar number, your PMAY application status and other related details will be displayed on the screen.
Checking name without providing Aadhaar number
In case, you don’t have an Aadhaar number; you can follow the steps below to check your name on the PMAY list.
- Visit the official website and click on the ‘track assessment form.’
- Once you are redirected to a different page, you have to provide your name, contact number, and father’s name.
- After providing the above information, your current eligibility status will be generated.
Checking name by providing the registration number
Apart from the Aadhaar card and personal details, you can also check your status on the list by providing the registration number.
- Go to the official website of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana.
- Provide your registration number to check your name on the list.
Checking name without the registration number
Follow the steps below to check your status online on the PMAY list when you don’t have your registration number –
- Visit the official website of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana.
- After logging in, you have to provide details regarding –
- Panchayat Name.
- After submitting the following information, the website will display the following information along with your status on the list –
- Personal information.
- Bank account information.
- Details regarding the site of your house.
- Information about sanction and completion of the house.
Once your name is on the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana beneficiary list, it means you are eligible for a home loan at an affordable interest rate under this scheme.
Financial institutions or HFCs like Bajaj Housing Finance Limited additionally provide pre-approved offers that make the application process efficient and easy for borrowers. These offers are available on products like mortgage loans and home loans. You can check your pre-approved offer by providing some simple details like your name and contact number.
You can avail of the subsidized home loan interest rates as per the following income categories.
- EWS or economically weaker section – Families with annual household earning under Rs.3 lakh will fall under this category.
- Lower-income group or LIG – Families with annual household earning under Rs.6 lakh falls under this category.
- Middle-income group I or MIG I – Families with annual household earning up to Rs.12 lakh are included in this group.
- Middle-income group II or MIG II – Families with annual household earning up to Rs.18 lakh every year are categorized within this group.
The members from the above group can know the PMAY eligibility criteria here before applying for PMAY –
- Members of the family should not be owners of a pucca house in any other part of India.
- The members should not be a beneficiary of any other government scheme.
- The applicant should be below 70 years of age.
- A female member of the family should be a co-applicant under this scheme.
Apart from quality housing, there are other benefits of the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana that eligible candidates under this scheme can avail. This initiative by the government is indeed praiseworthy since it aims to provide housing for all irrespective of the income group.