Have you forgotten your Facebook password? If yes! Then there’s nothing to worry about as this is the most common scenario with the majority of the Facebook users. They tend to forget their password when they set some difficult passwords in order to make sure that no one will be able to guess it! But due to their busy and hectic schedule, they won’t be able to remember it when they themselves want it for a login Facebook account.
In this situation, many of the users feel pressurized and hyper in such panic situations as they don’t know anything about the Facebook password recovery process. However, there is nothing to be panic about, as using the below-mentioned methods and steps about “How to reset Facebook password” one can “recover their forgotten Facebook password”:
Method 1: Facebook Account Password Recover using Email Address:
- To do so, visit the Facebook official webpage.
- There enter your Facebook username and then below the field where you always enter your password, click on the option ‘Forgotten Password”.
- Then, you’ll be directed to another page where you’ll be asked to enter the email address that you used while making a Facebook account so that Facebook will search your account linked to that email address.
- Once you click on search, Facebook will find your linked account to that email address and will then send you a link or code to that email address. So, go to your email inbox and get that code.
- After that, entering or clicking that code will provide you the option to reset your Facebook password. Make sure the new password should be unique and strong but at the same time a little simple.
Method 2: Facebook Account Password Recover using Phone Number:
- To use this method, you have to perform the three steps of the above method. Then instead of the email address, you have to go for the option of ‘Phone Number’ but make sure that it is linked to your Facebook account so that Facebook will search your account linked to that phone number.
- In order to do that, when Facebook will ask you “How do you want to get the code to reset your password”, you have to select “Send code via SMS” from the available options.
- That’s it! Facebook will then send you a code via SMS on your linked mobile number so that you will reset your new Facebook password easily.
In case, if you don’t have access to your email address and phone number that you used for making your Facebook account, then choose the option “‘No longer have access to these” and then using the two available options i.e., “Alternate phone number or email address to recover your password” and “Trusted contacts to recover your password”; you can finally recover your forgotten password.
- To do so, you have to simply click on the ‘Forgot Account’ on the Facebook login page.
- Then, you’ll be directed to the Facebook reset page and there you have to click on the “No longer have access to these”.
- After that, Facebook will want you to enter the linked alternate email address or phone number.
- Once entered, press on ‘Continue’, and then Facebook will again ask you but this time to enter the name of the trusted contacts by clicking on “Reveal my Trusted contacts”.
- This way, Facebook will send the link or code to that trusted contact, and you have to ask for it from that contact in order to use that code to get access to your Facebook account and then to reset your Facebook password.
However, still if stuck anywhere, you can take help from the technical website “Getassit.net” to get assistance for all your queries.