No sound on windows 10? It is very frustrating for Windows 10 users when audio is not working on Windows 10 PCs. Therefore, to make the situation easy for you, we brought some quick and easy solutions to fix Sound issue on Windows 10.
Fix 1: Check on Cable & Volumes
We sometimes overlook this obvious thing. Check if the cable of your external audio devices, like headphones and speakers, is broken or not. Plug them into another computer and check if they work on that computer or not. And, if they work then the problem is probably caused by the cable only.
Also if the audio device on your computer has been muted, you won’t hear sound from it. Therefore, check if your speaker or headphone has been muted by accident or not.
Fix 2: Check Your Speaker Sound Settings in these 3 simple steps
- On your desktop, right-click on the ‘Sound Icon’ and choose ‘Playback devices’.
- In that tab, make sure that there’s a green tick
- If Not then, first click ‘Set Default’, then click ‘OK’ and then check.
- If then also you’re not hearing any sound, try to experiment with other sound formats such as clicking ‘Speakers’ and after that click ‘Properties’.
- In Properties, go to the option ‘Advanced tab’s Default Format section’. Select a different sample rate and bit depth, and click ‘Test’. Repeat the test process until you discover a format that works, then at the last click ‘OK’.
If you don’t find a format that works, proceed to the Next Method.
Fix 3: Uninstall Audio Drivers
You’ll definitely face a problem with your speaker’s sound if your computer sound driver somehow corrupted, or become incompatible with Windows 10. Don’t worry, in this case, you just have to uninstall your audio drivers with the following steps or visit our site https://getassist.net:
- Access Menu and for that press the ‘Win+X’ key together on your keyboard.
- Then, click ‘Device Manager’.
- Expand ‘video, sound, game controllers’ there.
- And, click right on your ‘Sound Card’, to further click on the ‘Uninstall’ option.
- Sometimes you also need to confirm the uninstall process and for that tick on the box ‘Delete the driver software for this device’ and click ‘OK’.
- Lastly, restart your computer and check if the problem is resolved or not. If not then you need to update your audio drivers as early as you can.
Fix 4: Update high definition Audio Drivers
You can get the right audio driver in 2 ways i.e., manually and automatically.
With a Manual setting, you can update your audio driver by searching the most recent correct driver for your sound card and your variant of Windows 10 on the manufacturer’s website. Otherwise, you can also do it automatically with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy automatically finds, recognizes, downloads and installs the correct audio driver for your sound card and your variant of Windows 10.
After updating your audio drivers, you need to restart your computer and check if you now have sound. If still the problem is not resolved, try the below-mentioned fix.
Fix 5: Turn off Audio Enhancements
Try to disable audio enhancements to fix no sound issues in Windows 10, with the following easy steps:
- To start, open the ‘Control Panel’
- And in that, you need to find and select the ‘sound’ option.
- Choose one‘Default Device’ such as ‘Speakers/Headphones’ and then select ‘Properties’.
- After clicking the properties, go on the ‘Enhancement Tab’ and tick the ‘Disable all sound effects’ checkbox. Then click OK.
- And in case you’ve multiple default devices, you may have to repeat the process for each default device till the sound issue is resolved.
If then also the problem continues, try this last fix.
Fix 6: Restart you Audio Service with these steps
- Simply you need to press the ‘Windows logo key and the R key’ together on your keyboard to pop-up the run box.
- There in the run box, type ‘services. MSc’
- Then, right-click on ‘Windows Audio’ service to select ‘Restart’.
Restart your PC to check if the Windows 10 Sound Working or Not on your device. We hope that from the above-mentioned methods, one will resolve your Sound Issue on Windows 10 PCs.