Me and my wife booked a trip to Singapore for a dream Honeymoon. We planned the trip with the Singapore Airlines Reservations team. They offered us the best package according to our plan. We were so excited about the journey of Romance. One week before both of us completed the shopping and booked a hotel for reducing the last-minute rush. The fire of our heart is lightning fast as the departure date proceeding close.
But, our happiness diminished when we learned about the Covid-19. A virus that is eating humanity, so without wasting time on the assumption, we decided to cancel the trip with immediate effect. The decision breaks my heart but safety first. I promised my wife after the end of the Covid-19 period, we will surely go to Singapore for a Honeymoon.
To cancel the ticket, the most important step was to look at the Singapore Airlines Cancellation Policy. I opened my laptop and started to research more about the policies.
On the official website the detailed about the Singapore Airlines Cancellation Policy is mentioned:-
- Full refund is allotted to passengers if they cancel before 24 hours window lapses.
- After the risk-free time frame, Singapore Airlines will charge a cancellation fee according to the passenger travel route, type of tickets, and class cabin.
- For a passenger traveling with Saver fares ticket needs to pay 75 USD as Singapore Airlines Cancellation fees.
- The airline will not charge a cancellation fee to a passenger traveling with Promo tickets.
- Passenger entitled to the KrisFlyer program needs to pay 50 USD for advantage fares.
- As per the policy, no refund is allotted to passengers if the cancellation takes place after the departure of the flight.
- The passenger requires to pay the service fee if they wish to cancel the ticket at the Singapore Airlines ticketing office.
The best part of this policy is that the airline will not charge the cancellation fee if the flight is canceled due to Covid-19. In a clause, it is mentioned that if the flight is canceled for the Corona Virus then no cancellation fee is charged on passengers and they will receive a full refund from the airline. However, the ticket must be purchased directly from Singapore Airlines authorize portals.
After going through the policies, now the next was to cancel the ticket. To cancel the ticket I chose an online portal. But if passengers wish they can cancel booking offline too. To cancel tickets offline passengers need to call the travel agent. The cancellation procedure with Singapore Airlines Reservations cost passengers more than the online cancellation process.
So, to save on the service fee I chose the official website (official portal). The steps of cancellation are as follows:-
- I started the cancellation process by visiting the official website of Singapore Airlines.
- Completed the login process by using my user ID and password.
- When I landed on the homepage, I clicked on the “Manage Booking” tab
- Filled the required tab with a six-character booking reference code with the passenger family name as per my passport.
- After filling the required tab I clicked on the manage booking tab for proceeding to the next step.
- Selected the ticket whom I was wishing to cancel with picking the reason for cancellation.
- I submitted my request and got a confirmation mail on my registered mobile number. In the mail, the airline mentioned my refund amount.
When I completed the cancellation process, the next step was to configure the refund policy of Singapore Airlines. The refund policy will help me to know the exact time for receiving my refund.
The summary of the Singapore Airlines refund policy is as follows:-
- No refund if the flight is canceled on the departure date.
- Full refund if the flight is delayed by the Singapore airlines for more than 5 hours.
- The refund is initiated within 10-30 business days depending on the mode of payment.
- No refund if the ticket comes under promotion.
- Canceling tickets at the airport will cost more as compared to online cancellation.
- The Singapore Airlines 24 Hour policy does not apply if the ticket cancellation date and departure date are the same.
- Passenger traveling with KrisFlyer programs will be required to pay less amount as compared to the passenger holding a standard ticket.
I am so glad that the airline offered me a full refund with the travel
voucher. The policies are so straightforward and user-friendly. I am so
convinced with the airline policy, they are offering a full refund to each
passenger if they are canceling tickets due to Covid-19. Want to cancel your
Singapore Airlines flight for FREE? Call at +1-888-434-6454.
“Nowadays due to CoronaVirus (Covid-19), airlines all over the world are canceling their flight due to the safety concern of passengers. The airline values the health of passengers, so many airlines like Singapore Airlines are canceling or rescheduling their flight”.