Italian cuisine celebrates produce in the form of vegetables and all its other derivatives, such as oils, etc. It also marks the joy of cheese. Cheeses from Italy are some of the best available in the global market. Italian cheeses, from Asiago to mozzarella and Parmigiano to Provolone, are classic pizzas celebrating the Italian cuisine and life. You can always buy Italian cheese online in authentic online stores. Many of the cheeses produced in Italy have been recognized as DOP products as a result of their highest quality, from production to packaging, setting them apart from a majority of the world’s cheese collection.
Looking for the DOP seal on the products being purchased is one of the keys to guaranteeing the authentic taste of Italian cheese. You can note the difference in quality as you purchase and do a comparative tasting session with buffalo mozzarella cheese from a store-bought in the US and one authentically sourced fresh mozzarella cheese from Italy.
The Science of Cheese
There are scores of variety in cheeses from Italy, and understanding how these are different could take ages. But here’s a brief note on the science of cheese. According to the law in Italy, cheese is what is derived from the coagulation of milk. However, as a variant of this coagulation – yogurt is formed, but it isn’t considered a cheese in the same sense. However, all cheese is made from milk obtained from the main sources in Italy – cows, buffalos, goats, and sheep. Once acquired, this milk is brought to an optimal temperature and either produced in pressed cheeses, semi-cooked or fully cooked cheeses, woven cheeses through the process of heating, pressing and salting.
Let us look at one of the best recipes that Italian make, making use of cheese.
How To Make Cheese Ravioli – Italian Style
List of Ingredients:
- One and a half cup of semolina pasta flour
- One and a half cup[ of All-Purpose Flour
- Four whole eggs
- Four tablespoons of olive oil
- Four tablespoons of water
- One teaspoon of salt
For the Filling:
- 16 ounces of whole milk ricotta cheese
- Four ounces of fresh mozzarella cheese or Italian buffalo mozzarella, if you can’t find these, you could even choose spreadable mozzarella cheese.
- 2 ounces of Parmigiano cheese
- 2 ounces of pecorino cheese
- A tablespoon of roasted garlic
- Ten fresh basil leaves
- A large egg
Also Read This: Benefits of delicious mozzarella cheese
Instructions for Making this Amazing Recipe:
For making the Pasta Recipes:
- Take all the ingredients for pasta and combine them together to make the dough. Knead the dough, preferably by hand until the dough has an elastic consistency. Wrap this handmade dough in a cling wrap and let it rest for a while.
- After about 20 minutes, unwrap the dough and section it out before rolling it into a large rectangle shape, cutting into inti mini square shapes.
For making the filling:
- Using a processor, mix all the ingredients from the filling section and combine them well together.
Preparing the Dish:
- Place half the amount of the square and then place a spoonful of filling on top of it.
- Wet the edge of the ravioli sheet and press down on it with the other squares from the top, to make sacs of ravioli with cheese filling. Once sealed, press down on the edges together to seal them shut well and flour the outside of the pasta for the process of boiling.
- In a container, bring the water to a boil with a little salt in it and let the ravioli cook until they float up to the surface.
- Carefully remove the ravioli and drain.
- Now serve the ravioli pasta with warm marinara sauce and a generous amount of parmesan cheese on top.
Enjoy the true flavor of Italian cooking and Italian cheese with this amazing recipe for all.