UPSC conducts Civil Services Examination every year for the recruitment of officers in Civil Services. The Civil Services Examination selects the youth in the country for the posts of civil servants or diplomats for the IAS, IFS, IPS, IRS and other services. It is considered a difficult test because it has a very low success rate.
Nevertheless, millions of people apply for this exam given the career prospects in the civil services which gives them a chance to serve the country by being part of the system.
In this article, you will know and understand the documents required for the application for UPSC exam. UPSC Civil Services Examination is conducted in three phases and the candidates have to apply online for this exam. Candidates are required to apply online by visiting the official website of UPSC as per the exam notifications.
Documents required for UPSC Prelims Exam
First of all check the eligibility status for UPSC Prelims Exam. When you apply online for the IAS Prelims exam, you do not have to upload or send any of your documents to UPSC.
The documents required to upload are:
1.A newly scanned photo of yourself.
2. Self scanned signature.
Documents required for UPSC Main Examination (IAS Main Exam)
If you pass the UPSC prelims exam, you will be eligible to take the main exam, which will be your next written test. If your name appears in the list of preliminary exam results, after this, the Commission will once again issue you the notice of the main examination to apply online. This time, your online form for the main examination is called DAF in short, which means the detailed application form.
This time you will have to upload scanned copies of some documents on the official website of UPSC, which are given below:
- Age proof: Matriculation or secondary school leaving certificate only (for calculating age).
- Certificate of Educational Qualification: Your degree certificate awarded by the University or equivalent qualification recognized by UPSC.
- OBC / SC / ST status certificate (if applicable): District officer / sub-departmental officer of the district / any other officer who is authorized by the government to issue such certificate (certificate only Where your parents live (place of residence). If the parents are not deceased, then the applicant will apply from the current district in which he normally resides.
- Disability certificate (if applicable): A certificate issued by the Medical Board constituted by the Central or State Government.
- (Non-Creamy Layer) Documents with OBC status (if applicable): Evidence in service / land holder / position support from your parents’ various income sources / property.
- Certificate of being from North-Eastern states Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Nagaland, Mizoram, Meghalaya or Sikkim (if applicable): It will be issued by the authority issuing the caste certificate (OBC / SC / ST certificate) .
- Provision for Government employees (if applicable): This undertaking says that you have informed your office / department head in writing about taking the UPSC exam.
- J&K Domicile (if applicable): A certificate issued by the District Magistrate under which you resided in Jammu and Kashmir between 1 January 1980 and 31 December 1989.
- Disabled during Defense service (if applicable): A certificate issued by the Director-General of Defense in the Ministry of Defense stating that you were disabled in service and due to this he was exempted from duty.
- Age relaxation certificate (if applicable): This includes OBC / ST / SC status certificate and / or disability certificate and / or Jammu and Kashmir domicile certificate and / or defense staff certificate.
Documents required for UPSC Interview
While participating in the interview, candidates should retain the following basic certificates:
- Matriculation Certificate: Take proof of name and date of birth and a self attested photocopy of it with you.
- Degree Certificate: For proof of educational qualification (in case the degree certificate has not been issued by the university, the candidate should take a provisional certificate or mark sheet) along with a self-attested photocopy of it.
- A print-out of the e-Summon Letter.
- Two (2) recent passport size photographs, one of which must be self-attested.
- Certificate of age relaxation if appropriate.
SC / ST candidates should carry some additional documents.
- Caste certificate: original copy and a photocopy.
- PG (Post Graduate Degree) degree or Higher Education Certificate and Mark-sheet (Original and a photocopy).
- TA – TA Form (Traveling Allowance Form) – Two copies of and proof of travel (Traveling Allowance only for non-Delhi candidates)
- Affidavit in case of minor discrepancies in the candidate’s name.
For more details must read :- blog post times