A bike trip to Leh Ladakh from Manali on amazing mountain passes like Rohtang Pass, Khardung La Pass, etc. is the most adventurous thing that a rider can experience on this trip.
Leh and Ladakh come under the Jammu Kashmir region and are known as the cold desert of India. Both places are picturesques and surrounded by the highest mountain ranges including the great Himalayas and Karakoram, covering the area of 45,000sq. Miles.
Ladakh is an enchanting place to visit, so is Leh. located 25 km ahead of Ladakh, Leh is the capital of Ladakh. You will get to experience both peace and beauty at the same time in Leh Ladakh.
Places To See in and around Leh Ladakh
- Hemis Monastery
- Diskit Gompa
- Pathar Sahib
- Shanti Stupa
- Alchi Monastery
- Zanskar Valley
- Zanskar River
- Khardungla Pass
- Indus and Zanskar River ‘Sangam’
- Pangong Lake
- Nubra Valley
Leh Ladakh Trip Highlights-
Leh – Most of the tourists prefer to visit Leh due to strong connectivity by Air and it will take less time to reach Ladakh. You will be covering the distance between Leh and Manali on the bike. Leh is 25 km away from Ladakh. There are endless things that you can do iLeh. Like visiting Spituk Gompa, Pathar Sahib Gurudwara etc.
Nubra Valley- Located not so far from Leh, Nubra Valley will give you the view of the splendid rising sun and setting sun.
Khardung la Pass- Riding the bike through Khardung La Pass is a major highlight in an avid rider’s career.
Pangong Lake- There is no better way to start your day with its sunrise.
Stok Village- Stok village is one of the main highlights of the Leh Ladakh bike trip.Visiting Stok village is like an opportunity to explore the culture and tradition of Leh Ladakh.
Things to carry
A Bike Trip from Manali to Leh Ladakh is one of the best adventures that one can undertake. But it is not easy. You will be riding almost 2000 km on this trip. So you can not just leave for the trip without a proper itinerary and limited things. The following are the things that you need to have for this adventurous trip-
- Thermal inner wears like inner pants and inner t-shirts
- Fleece jacket and Down jacket
- Waterproof windbreaker
- Comfortable pants- avoid the use of jeans and all kinds of skin fit clothes
- Riding boots and gloves
- Pair of woollen socks and woollen gloves
- Warm hat and Sun cap
- Sunglasses and sunscreen
- Portable charger and power bank
- Camera to capture the beauty of the place with extra memory cards and batteries
- Toothpaste and toothbrush
- Lip balm, body wipes, face wipes and hand wipes
- Gears like a sleeping bag, tent, mattress- you can borrow them from Leh Ladakh
- Trekking shoes, sneakers and trekking pole- must bring
- First aid box with all the necessary medicines including water purification tablets
- Flashlight with extra batteries
- Pickle- the fool of Leh Ladakh is tasteless
- Cash- it is always necessary to keep some cash.
Advisory for Leh Ladakh Bike Trip
- Do not litter around, keep your surroundings clean and green. Keep the trash in your backpack and take it back with you
- Harm no plants and animals on the entire journey.
- Do not make fun of the local culture and traditions. And do not mess with other travelers. It may ruin your entire trip.
- If you are suffering from asthma and heart-related problems, you must not undertake this trip.
- Consult your physician before you undertake this adventure. Do not forget to carry all your necessary medications with you along with basic medicines that are required for mountain sickness, motion sickness, anxiety and other possible situations.
- Avoid the use of plastic. And do not carry expensive gadgets and prices of jewelry.
- Consumption of Alcohol, cigarettes, drugs and other toxic substances is not advisable. If you are found guilty, you will be fined.
- Acute mountain sickness is a common problem at high altitude passes. So take proper time to acclimate yourself.
- Carry warm clothes irrespective of seasons. The weather there is not constant and is always changing.
- Do carry all your necessary documents with you such as voter id, license, tickets, adhar card, tickets, passport size photo etc.